lots of lots

Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895. Iridescent blown glass. Pair of iridescent blown

Recommended Items

item-131617018=1
item-131617018=2
item-131617018=3
item-131617018=4
Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895. Iridescent blown glass. Pair of iridescent blown
Item Details
Description
Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895.
Iridescent blown glass.
Pair of iridescent blown glass vases from the Austrian Manufacture of Loetz, with a flared body flaring out into a spherical top and circular mouth. Ausfuehrung" decoration in purple with vertical stripes in metallic tones. Decorated in relief with geometric ornaments and borders in chiselled silver.
Provenance: Private Spanish collection, formed between 1970 and 2010.
Good condition. Normal wear and tear due to use and the passage of time.
Measurements: 25 cm (height) x 10.5 cm (largest diameter).
Johann Loetz Witwe was the most important maker of artistic glass in Klostermühle, Bohemia. The works of Johann Loetz are among the most outstanding examples of Art Nouveau. One of the oldest glassworks was located in Wottawattal, which was bought in 1850 by Johann Loetz, the founder of the company and former owner of glassworks in Deffernik, Hurkental, Annatal and Vogelsang. In 1879, Max Ritter von Spaun, grandson of Johann Loetz, took over the factory from his grandmother and continued to run it under the old company name "Joh. Lötz Witwe". The factory had previously been equipped with an important milling workshop. It was here that heavily cut glass and perforated enamelled intermittent glass was manufactured. The company began producing coloured glass in the 1860s. Loetz glass has always been special because of its purity and fiery colours, and was initially purchased as raw glass by the North Bohemian refineries, which refined it by painting and polishing. Later, due to the high regard for glass, the company started the production of special luxury items. The company was the first to produce so-called baroque glass (objects with applied glass decorations) in Austria. Sample warehouses were located in Vienna, Berlin, Hamburg, Paris, London, Brussels, Milan and Madrid, which soon gave the products a worldwide reputation. The glass ingeniously imitated all types of onyx, jasper, carnelian, malachite, lapis lazuli, inlaid glass, etc. At the anniversary exhibition in 1888, the "Kaiser Franz Josefs Vase", designed by Hofrat Storck and produced by the Lötz company in Grauonyx, was presented. It was the largest blown glass vase ever made. Most of the world exhibitions were filled with the company's special products and received the highest awards.
Buyer's Premium
  • 23%

Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895. Iridescent blown glass. Pair of iridescent blown

Estimate €4,000 - €5,000
Jul 05, 2022
See Sold Price
Starting Price €2,000
Shipping, Payment & Auction Policies
Ships from Barcelona, -, Spain
Setdart Auction House

Setdart Auction House

Barcelona, Spain
499 Followers
logo
www.liveauctioneers.com
item

0039: Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895. Iridescent blown glass. Pair of iridescent blown

Sold for €2,950
20 Bids
Est. €4,000 - €5,000Starting Price €2,000
Glass, Art Nouveau Ceramics & Pottery
Jul 05, 2022 10:00 AM EDT
Buyer's Premium 23%

Lot 0039 Details

Description
...
Pair of Jugendstil LOETZ vases; Austria, ca. 1895.
Iridescent blown glass.
Pair of iridescent blown glass vases from the Austrian Manufacture of Loetz, with a flared body flaring out into a spherical top and circular mouth. Ausfuehrung" decoration in purple with vertical stripes in metallic tones. Decorated in relief with geometric ornaments and borders in chiselled silver.
Provenance: Private Spanish collection, formed between 1970 and 2010.
Good condition. Normal wear and tear due to use and the passage of time.
Measurements: 25 cm (height) x 10.5 cm (largest diameter).
Johann Loetz Witwe was the most important maker of artistic glass in Klostermühle, Bohemia. The works of Johann Loetz are among the most outstanding examples of Art Nouveau. One of the oldest glassworks was located in Wottawattal, which was bought in 1850 by Johann Loetz, the founder of the company and former owner of glassworks in Deffernik, Hurkental, Annatal and Vogelsang. In 1879, Max Ritter von Spaun, grandson of Johann Loetz, took over the factory from his grandmother and continued to run it under the old company name "Joh. Lötz Witwe". The factory had previously been equipped with an important milling workshop. It was here that heavily cut glass and perforated enamelled intermittent glass was manufactured. The company began producing coloured glass in the 1860s. Loetz glass has always been special because of its purity and fiery colours, and was initially purchased as raw glass by the North Bohemian refineries, which refined it by painting and polishing. Later, due to the high regard for glass, the company started the production of special luxury items. The company was the first to produce so-called baroque glass (objects with applied glass decorations) in Austria. Sample warehouses were located in Vienna, Berlin, Hamburg, Paris, London, Brussels, Milan and Madrid, which soon gave the products a worldwide reputation. The glass ingeniously imitated all types of onyx, jasper, carnelian, malachite, lapis lazuli, inlaid glass, etc. At the anniversary exhibition in 1888, the "Kaiser Franz Josefs Vase", designed by Hofrat Storck and produced by the Lötz company in Grauonyx, was presented. It was the largest blown glass vase ever made. Most of the world exhibitions were filled with the company's special products and received the highest awards.

Contacts

Setdart Auction House
34696958702
C/ d'Arago, 346 Bajos
Barcelona, 08009
Spain
LiveAuctioneers Support
info@liveauctioneers.com
iphoneandroidPhone

Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.

TOP